My Fab Followers

Saturday 19 November 2016

Heart Christmas cards cased from Craft Stamper magazine



If you are a fan of Craft Stamper magazine, you may have seen a canvas this month using embossing powders and this design!  I just loved using the idea for some Christmas cards and these are what I came up with.   (Lots of pics, be warned!) 
I had an MDF heart which I used as a template to make my paper ones ( thinking of cost/posting).  The swirly circles are a Tim Holtz die( the article used melted embossing powerd to make them), and a Woodware, primitive star-shaped punch.  I mixed and matched my Frantage embossing powders, and also used a couple of Marianne Stamps to add some texture, or a Stampin Up script stamp. For the image above, the stamp is a basket weave stamp, MM1603 from Matiannes' Eline's Mixed Media range. I used Silver Pearl embossing powder to keep it subtle.
I love the rusted vibe here with Aged Copper Frantage.  I started using Treasured Gold Sapphire wax on the stars, and got some on the card surface.  However, as with all accidents, I liked the effect and added some to all the cards!  I think it looks a little celestial!






Anyway, hope you like, and don't forget to check out the original article in November 2016 Craft Stamper magazine, so inspirational!

Thanks for looking, Juliexxx

2 comments:

~@ngie~ said...

WOW.. so much detail in those pics... a gorgeous card darl :) xXx

Grenouille Greetings said...

These are frantastic! Lxxx