My Fab Followers

Monday 7 March 2016

Toadstool Felted scene



More felting to share, this time mostly wet felting, although I did use needle felting to make the flowers.  I mostly worked on this at my weekly Crafternoon session in town, space to spread out!
Wet felting involves water, soap and bubble wrap!  I bought the kit at Wool Fest last year - a fantastic show here in the north of Cumbria relating to all things wool -  spinning, dying, live sheep (other animals were available!), clothing, fabric, vintage goodies, I loved it.  Can't wait for this year's in June.  
I loved making the flowers out of the wool rovings and am definitely going to incorporate more in my card making.
I could only part with this if I could see it regularly and so I'm going to give it to Holly for baby's nursery - still no signs of baby arriving, four days over now!!
Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day!
Hugs, Juliexx

1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow Julie! It's fabulous! If you ever get down here you simply must show me how it's done. Or maybe I should come up to you for the Cumbrian show. I have a fondness for "live sheep" and I'm interested to learn for what the "other animals were available"? Hugs, Lesley