My Fab Followers

Sunday 17 January 2016

A bit of Knitting!



 This is the baby blanket I made for my daughter Holly's baby, and our first grandchild, which is due in just about 6 weeks!  Face book friends may recall that I was asking for advice on the pattern repeat which made the zigzag edges.  Well, after undoing my work several times, I finally took a deep breath and kept going, and the zigzag became more pronounced the more I knitted.  I kept the colours fairly neutral as we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but exciting times ahead!  Below is a pic of my gorgeous girl at Christmas with the turkey foil - not sure what she's trying to say!!
Hugs, Juliexx

3 comments:

Julie M said...

Gorgeous blanket, Julie - what is it with chevrons, I've been pinning chevron knitted things for ages (haven't knit anything yet, though!). Your daughter is beautiful, bet she can't wait. Two of my friends have recently become first-time grandparents and they are besotted.

Julie :o)

Fatima said...

nice source of information

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your pretty baby blanket is quite blue. Is that a clue, Julie? I'm sitting here wondering if the recipient is on it's way right NOW. I've tried to call you twice and there is no answer...
I'm also thinking of the very moment I heard you had Holly. I was at the bus stop and Nick drove by on the way back from the hospital. He spotted me and shouted out the window "it's a girl!" and I burst into tears - I was so happy for you! Love Lesley