My Fab Followers

Saturday 21 July 2012

Things with Wings at Basic Grey Challenges

Hello Peeps - a bit late with posting my card today - didn't get to bed until 3am as a certain person was having after show drinks with a certain cast of a certain musical in London following a week of work experience, and didn't have her certain phone on to let a certain person know she was ok!!!  She had a fantastic week though and this certain Mum is glad she was home safe and well!!!
Over at Basic Grey Challenges, we have a new challenge which is Things With Wings. I needed to make a good luck card for our niece and hubby who are flying off to America on Monday to live the American Dream for 18 months while hubby has a work transfer over to San Fransisco!
We went and had birthday/send off drinks last night with them and the family (except for a certain daughter ( and a certain son!)). 
This is a new image from the gorgeous Krista at Saturated Canary called Pack Light which seemed rather appropriate as they're shipping half their home over there!!  She looks a little like our gorgeous Fran too!!
My papers are a mix of Basic Grey Little Black Dress and Capella. The sentiment is from a Kaiser Craft set, yummy flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and my flutterby border ( my winged element, but maybe also the implied flight that my girlie is going on!) is a Tim Holtz die.
As always, our wonderful sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering one lucky winner a fab $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Superstore, just think of the goodies you could treat yourself to with that !!

As Please remember that you do need to use at least one Basic Grey product on your creation to qualify for our prize !

(Please note: This is a voucher code that entitles the winner to a $25 saving off their order in Simon Says Stamp, P+P charges will still apply unless the conditions are met to earn free P+P, please check here if you would like to see these conditions)

The awesome BG DT have made some beautiful cards to share with you so check them out here.

Right, this certain person is off to get dressed!

20 comments:

Fleur said...

So pretty, a beautiful card.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

stunning card Julie luv the image, just think of all the lovely crafting goodies your niece can send you at a fraction of the price here, have a great weekend.
Chris x

Jane said...

Ooooooo I love this! Gorgeous colours!!

Faye said...

I love these colours together Julie. You always do such great things with colours. Awesome colouring too. xx

Jane said...

Hmmmmm....I too have one of those 'certain' daughters
although her work experience was far less glamorous. I think I will crown you the Queen of Colour & Embellies. You may rise xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Julie, I like the image the papers the flowers and the sentiment.
Kevin xx

Donna said...

Hi Julie, hope you're keeping well...I love this card and the animal print papers. you're colouring is gorgeous and such pretty added detail too :) Donna ♥ x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Julie, I love your colours and details, it's an adorable image, brilliantly coloured and perfect for a leaving card.

hugs
Heather xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

wow so stunning julie.she is gorgeous and i love your fabulous colouring ;D

xx coops xx

sue w. said...

Hi Julie, this image is fabulous and your colouring is ace. Love the layout too.
Hugs Sue W.

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Julie. I love the image and your colouring is amazing. The papers and embellishments look wonderful too.
Sounds like a 'certain' person has had a fabulous week!!

Hugs sue

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning Julie & amazing colouring too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Grenouille Greetings said...

I enjoyed reading your post almost as much as I enjoyed seeing your fabulous card. Love how you've incorporated the wings theme in your top border. These papers are superb and your image is beautifully coloured. How lovely for Francesca to be heading off to the States and how lucky for Em to be surrounded by celebs! See you soon, matey! Love Lesley

June Nelson said...

Wow wow wow brilliant me darlin and much better than mine I think I will dump it now lol, its brilliant and I love the colours youhave picked they are gorgeous, have a great day hunnie loasd of love June xxxx

Chrissie said...

Another perfect card Julie!
I love the exotic papers with this beautiful sc image and your colouring is superb, as always.
Chrissie xx

~@ngie~ said...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! I am sooooo envious of your colouring technique darl... its perfect.... I wanna be able to colour like that but I do as good as I can LOL... I love that SC image too & the papers are fantastic.. love the embellishments too... you're soooo talented lady ;)

love n hugz Angie xXx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

XxJULESxX said...

stunning card Julie!!!!!

Alice said...

such a sweet card, Julie! love the details and coloring!