My Fab Followers

Thursday 26 April 2012

Colour Create - Rose Pink, Kraft and White

 I've just about dried out now after a very wet and windy day here yesterday, I think I saw an ark floating down the Thames!!
Anyhoo, it's time for our new challenge at Colour Create and this fortnight we have a beautiful colour combo as chosen by our fab Kerry, which is ROSE PINK, KRAFT AND WHITE with the optional extra of masking. And here's your photo inspiration:

26 April - Challenge 95 - Kerry - Rose Pink, Kraft and White

I think my pink is a bit more shocking than rose but then roses come in all different shades of pink!!  My image is a gorgeous Crafts and Me rubber stamp called Crimson Rose which I then masked off and stamped the background script using a Stampin Up large stamp.


Because this made the image quite busy, I decided not to use any design papers and just matted it up onto a square edged with this Fiskars corner and border punch combined.  So wish they did more of these, or that they were available more readily in the UK as it is just about the simplest corner/border combo to use. The ribbon was from stash and I also found the jewel centrepiece in my stash when sorting stuff the other day! The Kraft card blank was a purchase from Ally Pally.

My lovely teamies at Colour Create have made some wonderful cards to share with you so do pop on over to the challenge blog here.
Not sure about this new blogger style at the minute but no doubt will get used to it!!
Don't forget your pacamac if your out and about today!!

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Julie this is absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie I love Molly Harrison, I think I have them all altho sadly some are still un-inked....no surprise there lol.
Love how you have not used DPs for this its a fantastic effect & looks awesome shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jane said...

oh I say...that ribbon is the lushest EVER!!! Beautiful card...looks like me all delicate in the garden (NOT!) x

Daniele said...

stunning Julie. the image looks dimensional
hugs

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandi said...

this is beautiful and oh those colors. hugs

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! I love the image and how you colored it! Beautiful papers, too!

June Nelson said...

Wow Julie its amazing your so talented, just beauriful me darlin xxxxx

Claire said...

Beautiful card hun, lovely image and the ribbon is just lush. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

so stunning julie.really love your colouring and the image is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Andrea said...

Oh my, your card is stunning - the image is gorgeous, and that ribbon and sparkly thingy is the lushiest lush I ever saw LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

This card has a CAS feel to it (except for the ribbon treatment of course - and what a fabulous ribbon it is!!!) and it's gorgeous! Love your rose framing with the soft script and the delightfully pretty and beautifully coloured image! Hugs, Lesley